Entertainment rooms with theater seats are great for more than just catching the latest DVD releases. They're also perfect for any big televised event, such as a pay-per-view fight, the Super Bowl, or even a New Year's Eve countdown.
Entertainment rooms are even more fun when you add some decorative fixtures and equipment to help enhance the ambiance and overall experience. If you're planning to have people over to watch the ball drop and ring in 2012, then get your space ready by purchasing some of the following home theater seating accessories from TheaterSeatStore.com:
- Popcorn machine or concession stand. Bring some of the best sights and smells of the cinema to your house by adding an old-fashioned popcorn popper or a hardwood concession stand with a glass display case. These items not only give your entertainment room a more exotic look, but also serve a practical function by providing delicious snacks your guests can enjoy in their theater seats.
- Risers/platforms. For a truly authentic cinema experience, buy some prebuilt risers or platforms for your entertainment room. Risers allow you to create stadium style seating if you have more than one row of theater seats, thereby giving all your guests an unobstructed view of the screen.
- Accent lights. Of course, the best viewing occurs in a completely darkened room. But to prevent guests from accidentally tripping over your home theater seating and other furniture, install accent lights or wall sconces in novelty shapes such as a filmstrip, five-pointed star, or movie camera.
- Custom marquee. Nothing adds a "wow" factor to your entertainment room quite like a custom marquee. Modeled after real cinema marquees, these products feature fluorescent backlighting and chasing lights as well as a signboard where you can announce the current attraction.
- Framed movie posters. Framed posters should be as standard a part of your entertainment room as your home theater seating. Surround yourself with posters of your favorite films, or pick a single genre, actor, or director to pay homage to.