|Deak Starkiller (Luke's father) fights Sith Knight Darth Vader with a lazer sword. Art by Ralph McQuarrie for early version of Star Wars (image from starwars.wikia.com).|
Dark Horse Comics is coming out with a new Star Wars title that is sure to turn Star Wars fans on their collective ears. This new title is a comic book adaptation of “The Star Wars”, an early draft of the script that would eventually become Star wars Episode IV – A New Hope. While the basic story follows that of the final movie, many of the characters and settings are radically different. Here is a list of some of the major changes to be found:
- Han Solo is a 6-foot green lizard.
- Luke Skywalker is much older and takes the role later filled by Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- The young hero is named Annakin Starkiller and not related to Vader or Leia.
- Darth Vader is a Sith Knight, and plays a much smaller role as an Empire enforcer.
- Light sabers are called “lazer swords”.
- Jedi knights have more in common with Japanese samurai, including top knots in their hair.
- The Millenium Falcon looks completely different (though it does have the iconic cockpit).
- The Wookiees live on the planet Yavin and play a major role in destroying the Empire’s massive space station (NOT called the Death Star yet).